Tuesday, September 23, 2008

New Bookcloth



Since the moment I spotted this fabric at our local designer fabric store, The Scarlet Thread, I've wanted to make book cloth with it. And, since the moment that I brought it home, I've wanted to make a photo journal/memory album for my own family with it. So yesterday I took time out for personal crafting and made the book cloth. It looks even better lined with thin Japanese mulberry paper - so stiff and smooth and just waiting to be wrapped around some Davey Board. Now I just need to decide on a size before I cut the Davey Board. 8"X8" or 5"X7"? I love the square albums, but the 5"X7" one seems to be more efficient. This album will be perfect for holding photos and my children's narratives from our trip to New England last week to visit family! The cousins had a ball together - there was much noise and laughter!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oooh, i love it! i remember turning fabric into book cloth in a bookbinding class in college-- i don't remember how to do it at all, though. can't wait to see the finished books made with this!