Wednesday, April 23, 2008

More books and recycling and crafting...


Have you seen the new blog of Susan Kapuscinski Gaylord (of Makingbooks.com) called The Creative Year? She posts ideas and directions for creative projects that use recycled materials from around the house. The picture above is my version of her First Day of Spring Flowers. I used fabric that I had acquired from a yard sale years ago, twine from the garage, and a couple branches from our pruned Crepe Myrtle outside our bedroom window. I made this to add a splash of color to our Easter get together, but it is still being enjoyed and periodically moves around the house. Right now it is in the foyer welcoming guests. Now it welcomes you to my blog!

If you're looking for a book project see her post about St. George's Day on April 23rd.

No comments: