Sunday, September 21, 2008

Art Journal Supplies


Yesterday's blog post included a drawing I did of my daughter in her pirate costume last Halloween. Today I am sharing the supplies that were used to create the drawing. I do most of my drawings in my handmade Life Stories Books art journal on 90lb. Fabriano Artistico hot press watercolor paper in natural white. This is my favorite paper for making art journals and photo albums. I usually draw the picture out first in pencil and erase any unwanted lines with my handy eraser. Then I went over the lines with my Micron 002 pen. I let the ink set overnight and add color with the Derwent Watercolor Pencil and go over the color with the water brush for the watercolor effect. I take lots of photographs of the kids, but some of my favorite memories are recorded in my drawings - as imperfect as they are!

No comments: